Library search options
- Search across ALL formats - multiple print and electronic resources, books, journals, databases, photo gallery, and more. Click on See more for more results and search options. Click on individual titles or Get@NRC to view or order items.
- Search for print books, journal titles, technical reports and conference proceedings listed in the library catalogue.
In some National Science Library resources, you will see this icon beside items in your search results. Clicking the icon opens a browser tab in which you can access or order the article, book, or journal retrieved in your search.
Sometimes you will see similar icons that perform the same function:
- one or more links to the full text of the item,
- a link to Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) RightFind™, where you can login and order a copy of the item,
- a link to more information about the item, such as the abstract.
There is also a link to "More options" which allows you to search for the item in Google Scholar or download the citation for import into citation management software.
A direct link to the full text is only provided if the National Science Library, your library, or you have a licence to access the item or if the item is freely available. If there is no full text available, you can order it using the "Order it via CCC RightFind™" option.
For more information or asstance with using Get@NRC please contact us by email.
To arrange loans:
The general public may also arrange for loans of materials through your public or other library of which you are a member. Contact your local library to arrange an inter-library loan of material found in the NSL catalogue.
Onsite clients are welcome to use our public terminals located on the main floor to search the library Catalogue and other resources.
Access to the Library collection is provided by Infotrieve Canada Inc. (a Copyright Clearance Center Company), on behalf of NRC. Infotrieve Canada Inc. will retrieve items from the stacks from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon) and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday, except on Canadian statutory holidays.
Onsite clients must register with CCC to have items supplied from the stacks or to borrow books. Book loans from the National Science Library are available to all Canadian clients. Interlibrary services are available exclusively to NRC and Government of Canada employees.
Photocopiers and printers are not available for personal use, but CCC staff will make copies for a fee.
Remote Access for NRC
If you have questions about remote access or the proxy server try the remote access help page.
- Date modified: